Статистика форума

• Категорий: 15
  • Дискуссий: 1580
  • Пользователей: 2807
  • Последний: ozon
  • Форумчан за сутки: 0
  • Сообщений за сутки: 0
Привет!
Хочешь поучаствовать в интересных обсуждениях? Если у тебя уже есть аккаунт, авторизируйся.
Если ты ещё не зарегистрирован на этом форуме, заполни форму. Регистрация занимает 1 минуту!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime10/11/2009IsOnline

# 151
    METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT Relists Pacific Heights House - Nov. 6, 2009

According to WSJ.com, METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett has put his on-again, off-again San Francisco mansion back on the market. The listing price is just under $9 million, down nearly 30% from the $12.5 million asking price in 2005.

Hammett, 46, paid $2.56 million for the gated, Georgian-style home in 1993. The Pacific Heights home measures about 9,000-square-feet and has eight bedrooms and eight baths. There's a music studio and a billiard room with a bar in the basement. The property includes a two-car detached garage and additional parking in the driveway. Nina Hatvany of TRI Coldwell Banker has the listing.

Check out a slideshow of Hammett's house at this location.

Переводчики: Ironhead
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime10/11/2009IsOnline

# 152
    METALLICA's JAMES HETFIELD, Marin County Work On Terra Linda Trail Deal - Nov. 7, 2009

Mark Prado of Contra Costa Times reports: Marin heavy metal star James Hetfield is working with the county's Parks and Open Space District on a new trail that would skirt a monolithic fence the METALLICA frontman erected on his property last summer to keep people from hiking and riding across it.

The provisionally named "680 Trail" — for the elevation of the 2.9-mile path — would serve as a bypass to the Luiz Ranch Fire Trail, which crosses Hetfield's property. Two alignments are being considered; one would enlist Hetfield to provide access across part of his land.

Read the entire article from Contra Costa Times.

•  
      CommentAuthorPRIEST 

• CommentTime13/11/2009IsOnline

# 153
    South American AND Central American Dates

We've been having such an amazing time on the road that there is no way we're stopping now! So in the first of what will be quite a few announcements of 2010 dates, we are super psyched to confirm that we will indeed be visiting South and Central America in the first part of the year. It is extra special because we're actually going to places that Metallica has NEVER played before, including our first show in the new year in Lima, Peru on January 19, 2010 at Estadio San Marcos. In March, we will again be in cities we have never played before . . . San Jose, Costa Rica and Panama City, Panama to be specific. And as we've only had the chance to visit Caracas and Bogota once before in 1999, this leg of the World Magnetic tour is sure to be a memorable one.
    All the show and ticket details are here:

January 19
    Lima, Peru
    Estadio San Marcos
    On Sale November 14

March 7
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Saprissa Stadium
    On Sale November 17

March 8
    Panama City, Panama
    Plaza Figali
    On Sale November 17 at Ticket Plus Stores

March 10
    Bogota, Columbia
    Park Simon Bolivar
    On Sale November 17

March 12
    Caracas, Venezuela
    La Rinconada
    On Sale November 17

Met Club members, be sure to check MetClub.com for information about how you can purchase tickets in special pre-sales.
    Being the super smart people that you are, you have no doubt noticed that there are more than a few holes in the schedule . . . please keep checking Metallica.com over the next couple of weeks for more announcements.

Переводчики: PRIEST
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime17/11/2009IsOnline

# 154
    Сообщение модератора: Ветка подклеена в тему «Нужны люди, желающие добавлять новости на сайт MetClub.ru # 77» (2009-11-17 00:59).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt

# 155
    METALLICA's ULRICH, TWISTED SISTER's SNIDER To Appear In 'Get Him To The Greek' Film - Nov. 12, 2009

According to IMDb, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich and TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider will make cameo appearances playing themselves in "Get Him to the Greek", an upcoming American comedy film, directed by Nicholas Stoller and starring Russell Brand and Jonah Hill. The movie, which was also written by Stoller, is scheduled for release in June 2010.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt

# 156
    METALLICA Frontman Attends DIR EN GREY Concert In New York City - Nov. 13, 2009

According to a posting on DIR EN GREY's MySpace page, METALLICA guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield attended the Japanese experimental rockers' November 11, 2009 concert at New York City's Blender Theater at Gramercy.
    Переводчики: REsearch
    •  
      CommentAuthorPRIEST 

• CommentTime20/11/2009IsOnline

# 157
    More Tour Dates in 2010 in Latin America and Europe
    Shows in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Norway, and Russia added!
    Jan 19
    Lima, Peru
    Estadio San Marcos
    On Sale Now

Jan 21
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    River Plate Stadium
    On Sale December 10

Jan 26
    Santiago, Chile
    Club Hipico
    On Sale November 24

Jan 28
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Zequinha Stadium
    On Sale December 3

Jan 30
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Morumbi Stadium
    On Sale December 1

Mar 7
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Saprissa Stadium
    On Sale Now

Mar 8
    Panama City, Panama
    Plaza Figali
    On Sale December 1 at Ticket Plus Stores

Mar 10
    Bogota, Colombia
    Park Simon Bolivar
    On Sale Now

Mar 12
    Caracas, Venezuela
    La Rinconada
    On Sale Now

Apr 13
    Oslo, Norway
    Telenor Arena
    On Sale November 23

Apr 24
    Moscow, Russia
    SK Olimpiisky
    To Be Announced

Apr 25
    Moscow, Russia
    SK Olimpiisky
    To Be Announced

Met Club members, be sure to check MetClub.com for information about how you can purchase tickets in special pre-sales.
    You guessed it . . . there are indeed a few more shows in the works in Latin America and Europe for the first part of next year. As always, keep checking here and we will let you know as soon as all the details are confirmed. If you live in Eastern Europe, you just might want to check back early next week (hint, hint!).

•  
      CommentAuthorIronhead 

• CommentTime25/11/2009IsOnline

# 158
    Orgullo, Pasion y Gloria: Tres Noches En La Ciudad de Mexico

In June of this year we were fortunate enough to return to Mexico City for three sold out shows at Foro Sol Stadium and with 155,000 of you there over the three nights, we knew it would be extra special. So we asked our friend Wayne Isham to join us with a film crew and the results of that crazy, magical, most memorable long weekend will be available on DVD and CD starting November 30 as "Orgullo, Pasion y Gloria: Tres Noches En La Ciudad de Mexico" ("Pride, Passion, and Glory: Three Nights in Mexico City").

The region free DVD's and CD's include songs from all three shows recorded on June 4, 6, and 7. Each show had a unique set list, totaling 34 different songs . . . they're all there on the two DVD set along with interviews with us. Other versions that will be available include one DVD (18 tracks), Blu-ray version of that DVD, a digi-pack with the DVD and two CD's, and finally the aforementioned deluxe version in a slip case with two DVD's and two CD's. Track listings for each configuration can be seen here. In keeping with the local theme, all the credits will be in Spanish (Portuguese for our Brazilian buddies) and will only be available at stores in Latin America. Of course we will also have it in The Official Metallica.com Store, starting sometime the week of December 7.

Most areas of Latin America will have the DVD available on November 30, however if you live in Brazil, check your local music store on December 8 and for fans in Argentina and Chile, "Orgullo, Pasion y Gloria: Tres Noches En La Ciudad de Mexico" hits the stores on December 10. All DVD's are region free and will play on any player worldwide.

And of course since we had such an amazing time in Mexico, we can't wait to go back . . . we'll see you in Monterrey and Guadalajara in March. More details on those shows coming very soon!

http://www.metallica.com

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime26/11/2009IsOnline

# 159
    TESTAMENT's SKOLNICK Says METALLICA's HETFIELD Is 'An Unsung Virtuoso' - Nov. 17, 2009

TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick has posted the following message on his official blog:

"Recently a writer from The Quietus, Mark Eglinton, asked for my thoughts on METALLICA's James Hetfield.

"While it's no secret that the fans, myself included, haven't always agreed with every decision METALLICA has made as a band, I've chosen to look at a subject which seems to have gotten lost in the chaos of METALLICA's superstardom: James, the musician.

"James Hetfield is a an unsung virtuoso. His guitar and vocal sound, along with his song ideas, has enabled METALLICA to go from being classified alongside MOTÖRHEAD and VENOM to being aligned with BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and U2. Much of hard music today has been changed by his guitar tone, rhythm playing and vocal technique, making him arguably the most influential musician of his generation.

"James has had more of an influence than most 'lead' guitarists and is a great lead guitarist himself. His occasional solos are among METALLICA's most memorable, proving that speed and chops are secondary to melody. He is also a terrific acoustic guitarist, playing intricate parts with a lot of depth, consistency and dynamics.

"I'm convinced that had he chosen to play drums, bass or lead guitar in his band, James Hetfield would have been just as influential and virtuosic."

•  
      CommentAuthorkosa 

• CommentTime3/12/2009IsOnline

# 160
    METALLICA Among GRAMMY AWARDS Nominees - Dec. 2, 2009

METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST, LAMB OF GOD, MEGADETH, AC/DC and SLAYER are among the nominees for the 52nd annual Grammy Awards, which will be held on Sunday, January 31, 2010 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The nominees in the "Hard Rock" and "Metal" categories are as follows:

Best Hard Rock Performance:

* AC/DC - "War Machine" (from "Black Ice")
    * ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain" (from "Black Gives Way to Blue")
    * LINKIN PARK - "What I've Done" (from "Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keyes")
    * METALLICA - "The Unforgiven III" (from "Death Magnetic")
    * NICKELBACK - "Burn it to the Ground" (from "Dark Horse")

Best Metal Performance:

* JUDAS PRIEST - "Dissident Aggressor" (from "A Touch of Evil Live"
    * LAMB OF GOD - "Set to Fail" (from "Wrath")
    * MEGADETH - "Head Crusher" (from "Endgame")
    * MINISTRY - "Señor Peligro" (from "Adios...")
    * SLAYER - "Hate Worldwide" (from "World Painted Blood")

Other categories of interest:

Best Rock Instrumental Performance:

* JEFF BECK - "A Day In The Life"
    * BOOKER T. JONES - "Warped Sister"
    * BRAD PAISLEY - "Playing With Fire"
    * BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA - "Mr. Surfer Goes Jazzin'"
    * STEVE VAI - "Now We Run"

Best Rock Album:

* AC/DC - "Black Ice"
    * ERIC CLAPTON & STEVE WINWOOD - "Live From Madison Square Garden"
    * GREEN DAY - "21st Century Breakdown"
    * DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - "Big Whiskey And the Groogrux King"
    * U2 - "No Line On The Horizon"

The 52nd annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live will be broadcast live in high definition TV and 5.1 Surround Sound on CBS from 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. EST.

Nominations for the 52nd annual Grammy Awards were announced tonight by The Recording Academy and reflected an eclectic mix of the best and brightest over the past year in music, as determined by the voting members of The Academy. For the second year, nominations for the annual Grammy Awards were announced on primetime television as part of "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music's Biggest Night". The one-hour special — broadcast live on CBS from Club Nokia at L.A. live — featured the announcement of nominations in several categories as well as performances by the BLACK EYED PEAS, DJ/producer David Guetta, Maxwell, Nick Jonas & THE ADMINISTRATION, Sugarland, and host LL Cool J. Presenters included LINKIN PARK, George Lopez, Katy Perry, Smokey Robinson, Ringo Starr, T-Pain, and Dwight Yoakam.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime4/12/2009IsOnline

# 161
    METALLICA's Chile Concert: More Than 10,000 Tickets Sold In First 12 Hours - Nov. 25, 2009

According to The Santiago Times, over 10,000 tickets to METALLICA's January 26, 2010 concert at Santiago, Chile's Club Hípico were sold within 12 hours after they went on sale this past Tuesday morning (November 24) at midnight through Ticketmaster, call centers and ticket outlets such as Falabella and Cine Hoyts.

Tickets cost from CHP$29,000 (US$60) to CHP$80,000 (US$160).

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime9/12/2009IsOnline

# 162
    METALLICA Confirmed For Poland's SONISPHERE Festival - Dec. 9, 2009

METALLICA's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"We are now entering the June portion of the 'random tour announcement' derby and today's installment is one that is particularly exciting for us as we are proud to tell you that we will again be headlining the Sonisphere festival, now embarking upon its second year in existence.

"The first show of the traveling festival will be on June 16 at Bemowo Airport in Warsaw, Poland and joining us are some longtime friends . . . SLAYER, ANTHRAX, and MASTODON!

"Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Thursday, December 10. Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com and choose the country you are interested in for more info on how to purchase tickets. All shows are general admission.

"Additional Sonisphere shows will be announced in the next week, and in the meantime you may even want to consider checking back here in a few hours for some more tour updates both in Europe and Latin America (hint, hint)."

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime9/12/2009IsOnline

# 163
    Does METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic' Cover Image Resemble A Vagina? Band Responds - Dec. 4, 2009

In the "bonus materials/interviews" portion of METALLICA's French-only concert DVD, "Francais Pour Une Nuit" (or "French For One Night"), the members of the band were asked individually to comment on fans' observation that the cover image on METALLICA's latest album, "Death Metallica", resembles the female sex organ. Their responses can be viewed in the YouTube clip below.

Переводчики: kosa
    •  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime19/12/2009IsOnline

# 164
    METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX Confirmed For SONISPHERE In Switzerland - Dec. 16, 2009

METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will perform at the Swiss edition of the Sonisphere festival on Friday, June 18 at Degenaupark in Wil/Jonschwil, Switzerland. Also scheduled to appear are HEAVEN & HELL and MOTÖRHEAD, with more bands to be announced.

METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX broke out of the underground thrash movement to dominate the metal world in the 1980s, selling millions of records and packing arenas across the globe. The metal giants have never before all shared the same stage, despite huge demand. But on June 16, 2010, METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will take to the Sonisphere stage at Bemowo Airport, Poland, to make the dreams of headbangers the world over become a reality. A third "Big Four" appearance is planned for Sonisphere Czech Republic three days later, with more Sonisphere shows featuring the awesome combo to be announced in the coming days and weeks.

Tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/sonisswitz.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

# 165
    METALLICA Bassist On 'Monster' Documentary, 'Death Magnetic' Songwriting Process - Dec. 14, 2009

Jon Matsumoto of MercuryNews.com recently conducted an interview with METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the 2004 METALLICA documentary "Some Kind of Monster" (filmed while vocalist-guitarist James Hetfield was struggling to beat alcoholism):

"I was a little freaked out by the film crew being there every day. There was no hiding because I was part of the spectacle. I realized I just had to suck it up and try not to think about it too much. It was a pretty heavy transitional period for the band. I know James, at times, was walking on thin ice."

On the "Death Magnetic" LP, which has garnered some of the best reviews for a METALLICA release since its 1991 self-titled breakthrough album (also known by fans as the "Black Album"):

"There's a lot of stuff on the album where I had input. But personally I felt my role — and this was my choice — was to absorb the process and to really try to learn the art of songwriting through the eyes of METALLICA. When (drummer) Lars (Ulrich) and James build and arrange a song, it's pretty special. You really have to let them feed off of each other. You don't want to ruin that energy flow."

On replacing Jason Newsted in METALLICA and being accepted immediately by the other band members after he joined the group:

"When they went through their transition (with me) they had to realize that they had to treat people with more respect and they grew. They had their issues with Jason. It's really not my place to comment on that.

"Jason is a really nice guy. I have had nothing but great experiences with him. I know when I came into the situation they welcomed me with open arms. It was almost surreal because I've been in similar situations professionally where I wasn't included in band meetings."

On METALLICA's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame:

"The most important thing with our induction is to bring awareness to some of the other groups in the hard rock, metal realm. We've got (BLACK) SABBATH in the Hall of Fame. So let's bring awareness to bands like UFO and RUSH and bands from other parts of the globe. It doesn't have to be centered around Britain or the U.S."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/trujilloquebec.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

# 166
    METALLICA's ULRICH, HAMMETT Name Their Favorite Albums, Songs Of Past Decade - Dec. 10, 2009

Rolling Stone magazine recently asked a number of artists — including METALLICA's Lars Ulrich (drums) and Kirk Hammett (guitar) — along with journalists and industry insiders to name their favorite 25 albums and songs of the past decade, in order of importance. Ulrich's and Hammett's selections follow below.

Lars Ulrich - Best Albums Of The Decade (in order of importance):

01. ARCTIC MONKEYS - "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not"
    02. SYSTEM OF A DOWN - "Toxicity"
    03. THE SWORD - "Age Of Winters"
    04. KINGS OF LEON - "Aha Shake Heartbreak"
    05. THE WHITE STRIPES - "Elephant"
    06. GREEN DAY - "American Idiot"
    07. SLIPKNOT - "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses"
    08. EMINEM - "The Eminem Show"
    09. WOLFMOTHER - "Wolfmother"
    10. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - "Renegades"
    11. U2 - "No Line On The Horizon"
    12. KASABIAN - "Kasabian"
    13. THE MARS VOLTA - "De-Loused in the Comatorium"
    14. OASIS - "Don't Believe The Truth"
    15. QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - "Rated R"
    16. SYSTEM OF A DOWN - "Mezmerize"
    17. ARCTIC MONKEYS - "Favorite Worst Nightmare"
    18. ALICE IN CHAINS - "Black Gives Way To Blue"
    19. THE BLACK KEYS - "Attack & Release"
    20. AUDIOSLAVE - "Audioslave"
    21. MASTODON - "Crack The Skye"
    22. MOTÖRHEAD - "Inferno"
    23. GUNS N' ROSES - "Chinese Democracy"
    24. THE DATSUNS - "The Datsuns"
    25. THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS - "The Age Of The Understatement"

Lars Ulrich - Best Songs Of The Decade (in order of importance):

01. U2 - Moment Of Surrender"
    02. EMINEM - "Cleaning Out My Closet"
    03. ARCTIC MONKEYS - "From The Ritz To The Rubble"
    04. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - "How I Could Just Kill A Man"
    05. THE SWORD - "Freya"
    06. OASIS - Lyla"
    07. ARCTIC MONKEYS - "Fake Tales Of San Francisco"
    08. GREEN DAY - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"
    09. SLIPKNOT - "Duality"
    10. OASIS - "Falling Down"
    11. JOHNNY CASH - "Thirteen"
    12. THE WHITE STRIPES - "Seven Nation Army"
    13. SYSTEM OF A DOWN - "Toxicity"
    14. ZWAN - "Number Of The Beast"
    15. WOLFMOTHER - "White Unicorn"
    16. KINGS OF LEON - "Sex On Fire"
    17. U2 - "Vertigo"
    18. PINK - "Get The Party Started"
    19. ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain"
    20. STAIND - "It's Been A While"
    21. SEAN PAUL - "Get Busy"
    22. SYSTEM OF A DOWN - "B.Y.O.B."
    23. KID ROCK - "Picture"
    24. LAMB OF GOD - "Redneck"
    25. KASABIAN - "Club Foot"

Kirk Hammett - Best Albums Of The Decade (in order of importance):

01. RADIOHEAD - "Kid A"
    02. THE MARS VOLTA - "De-Loused in the Comatorium"
    03. SIGUR ROS - ()
    04. MUSE - "Absolution"
    05. LAMB OF GOD - "Ashes Of The Wake"
    06. DAMIAN MARLEY - "Welcome To Jamrock"
    07. MASTODON - "Crack The Skye"
    08. OUTKAST - "Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below"
    09. INTERPOL - "Turn On The Bright Lights"
    10. SHARON JONES AND THE DAP-KINGS - "100 Days, 100 Nights"
    11. SYSTEM OF A DOWN - "Mezmerize"
    12. THE BLACK KEYS - "Magic Potion"
    13. PJ HARVEY - "Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea"
    14. SINÉAD O'CONNOR - "Faith And Courage"
    15. GOJIRA - "The Way Of All Flesh"
    16. MACHINE HEAD - "The Blackening"
    17. RY COODER & MANUEL GALBAN - "Mambo Sinuendo"
    18. QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - "Rated R"
    19. TOOL - "Lateralus"
    20. TOM WAITS - "Alice"
    21. MY MORNING JACKET - "It Still Moves"
    22. ALICE IN CHAINS - "Black Gives Way To Blue"
    23. THE SWORD - "Age Of Winters"
    24. PINK MARTINI - "Hey Eugene!"
    25. ALL SHALL PERISH - "Awaken The Dreamers"

Kirk Hammett - Best Songs Of The Decade (in order of importance)::

01. RADIOHEAD - "Everything In Its Right Place"
    02. DENGUE FEVER - "One Thousand Tears Of A Tarantula"
    03. MASTODON - "Oblivion"
    04. AFROMAN - "Because I Got High"
    05. KINGS OF LEON - "The Bucket"
    06. LAMB OF GOD - "Set To Fail"
    07. U2 - "Beautiful Day"
    08. THE MARS VOLTA - "Intertiatic E.S.P."
    09. MUSE - "Stockholm Syndrome"
    10. DAMIAN MARLEY - "Welcome To Jamrock"
    11. GOJIRA - "Vacuity"
    12. SHARON JONES AND THE DAP-KINGS - "How Long Do I Have To Wait For You?"
    13. QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - "Tension Head"
    14. ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain"
    15. MY MORNING JACKET - "Mahgeetah"
    16. SYSTEM OF A DOWN - "Violent Pornography"
    17. THE SWORD - 'Freya"
    18. OUTKAST - "Hey Ya!"
    19. SIGUR ROS - "Svef-g-englar"
    20. LAMB OF GOD - "Now You Have Something To Die For"
    21. AT THE DRIVE-IN - "One Armed Scissor"
    22. KORN - "Here To Stay"
    23. KID ROCK - "American Bad Ass"
    24. THE BLACK KEYS - "You're The One"
    25. AMY WINEHOUSE - "Back To Black"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/rstonealbums.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime23/12/2009IsOnline

# 167
    METALLICA Frontman Donates Land For Open Space In Marin - Dec. 16, 2009

Marin Independent Journal reports that METALLICA guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield has donated to Marin County a 330-acre agricultural conservation easement near his home on land overlooking Lucas Valley.

The Marin Board of Supervisors on Tuesday unanimously accepted donation of the easement, which precludes development on the land known as the Luiz Ranch.

"This is a really exciting offer," said Supervisor Steve Kinsey. He said Hetfield was "taking a break from heavy metal to become a heavy contributor to our agricultural conservation efforts."

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime23/12/2009IsOnline

# 168
    METALLICA's JAMES HETFIELD Recalls The Worst Christmas Ever - Dec. 22, 2009

The Pulse of Radio reports: Most Christmas memories are good ones, but sometimes the holiday season can be traumatic as well — especially for younger kids. METALLICA's James Hetfield told The Pulse of Radio that his least favorite Christmas involved learning the truth about a certain figure in a red suit. "The worst Christmas was discovering that there was no Santa," he said. "You know, I had gotten up at whatever, one in the morning and walked out and saw my brothers carrying presents down to put under the tree, and I was like, 'What are you doing?' And so that was, the St. Nick bubble was burst."

Hetfield also told The Pulse of Radio that getting a football for the first time was one of his best Christmas presents, and that his sister actually got a lump of coal one Christmas for being a bad girl that year.

METALLICA is taking a holiday break but will resume touring in 2010 with jaunts to South America and Europe.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime26/12/2009IsOnline

# 169
    METALLICA's 'Black' LP Is Top-Selling Album Of SOUNDSCAN Era - Dec. 23, 2009

METALLICA's self-titled album from 1991 (also known as the "black" album) has surpassed SHANIA TWAIN's 1997 CD "Come On Over" to become the best-selling album since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales for Billboard on May 25, 1991.

"Metallica" has sold 15,490,000 copies. "Come On Over" has sold 15,487,000.

Nielsen SoundScan is an information system created by Mike Fine and Mike Shalett that tracks sales of music and music video products throughout the United States and Canada. Data is collected weekly and made available every Wednesday to subscribers, which include executives from all facets of record companies, publishing firms, music retailers, independent promoters, film and TV, and artist management. SoundScan is the sales source for the Billboard music charts.

Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales data for Nielsen on May 25, 1991.

METALLICA's top-selling albums during the SoundScan era (as of December 20, 2009):

01. "Metallica" (1991): 15,490,000
    02. "…And Justice for All" (1988): 5,330,000 *
    03. "Load" (1996): 5,049,000
    04. "Master of Puppets" (1986): 4,578,000 *
    05. "Ride the Lightning" (1984): 4,334,000 *
    06. "Reload" (1997): 4,036,000

* Does not include sales prior to the start of the SoundScan era (May 25, 1991).

METALLICA's latest album, "Death Magnetic", has sold 1,853,000 copies in the United States since it was released in September 2008, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

•  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime8/01/2010IsOnline

# 170
    METALLICA Named One Of Worst Celebrity Autograph Signers To Come Through Canada During 2009 - Dec. 31, 2009

HoundsTV.com, which features the latest in celebrity autograph news and video, has compiled a list of the best and the worst musicians for autographs and meeting fans in Canada in 2009. METALLICA came in at No. 5 on the list, which was topped by BRITNEY SPEARS, U2 and ELTON JOHN (in that order).

Regarding METALLICA, HoundsTV.com writes: "A wire story broke early in the year indicating a high percentage of METALLICA autographs for sale on sites like eBay were fake. Reached for comment, the band said they were aware of the counterfeits and for that reason they don't sign much anymore. METALLICA spent a few days in Toronto on their recent world tour. And while they were no strangers to walking the streets of Toronto. Autograph collectors reported they just wouldn't sign memorabilia like photos or albums."

Official Metallica.com footage of METALLICA's pre-show meet-and-greets on October 26, 2009 and October 27, 2009 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada can be viewed below.

•  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime8/01/2010IsOnline

# 171
    Report: METALLICA Drummer Struggles With Ringing In Ears - Dec. 28, 2009

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich spoke to CNN.com about tinnitus, a condition that causes ringing in the ear, affects more than 40% of Americans over 50.

"I've been playing loud rock music for the better part of 35 years," said Ulrich. "I never used to play with any kind of protection."

Early in his career, without protection for his ears, the loud noise began to follow Ulrich off-stage.

"It's this constant ringing in the ears," Ulrich said. "It never sort of goes away. It never just stops."

At first, Ulrich said the ringing in his ears was barely perceptible. He said the problem got worse during a 1988 concert tour, oddly while he slept.

"I would fall asleep often with the television on, and I would wake up in the middle of the night to go turn the TV off," Ulrich said. "Except it wasn't actually on. When I realized that I was doing that frequently, actually getting up to turn the TV off that was not on to begin with, I realized that maybe I had some issues."

Read the entire report from CNN.com.

Переводчики: Mr.Propper
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime11/01/2010IsOnline

# 172
    METALLICA Sold 52 Million Albums In U.S. Since 1991 - Jan. 7, 2010

METALLICA is one of the top-selling artists since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking album sales in May 1991, with cumulative U.S. sales of more than 52 million copies. The band's 1991 self-titled fifth album, commonly known as "the black album," also surpassed SHANIA TWAIN's 1997 record, "Come On Over", as the best-selling CD of the SoundScan era. Just before Christmas, the black album hit total sales of 15,490,000 copies, eclipsing "Come On Over"'s total of 15,487,000. The Nielsen SoundScan system began compiling sales electronically more than 18 years ago on a weekly basis, providing more accurate sales figures that form the basis for the Billboard music charts.

Although METALLICA had scored their first radio and video airplay with their previous effort, 1988's "...And Justice For All", the black album was the band's biggest commercial breakthrough, producing five singles and making them into one of the most popular rock bands in the world.

Top-Ten-Selling Artists Of SoundScan Era (based on album sales from 1991 to January 3, 2010)

01. GARTH BROOKS (68,363,000)
    02. THE BEATLES (60,370,000)
    03. MARIAH CAREY (52,388,000)
    04. METALLICA (52,160,000)
    05. CELINE DION (50,933,000)
    06. GEORGE STRAIT (41,843,000)
    07. TIM MCGRAW (38,677,000)
    08. ALAN JACKSON (37,447,000)
    09. PINK FLOYD (35,867,000)
    10. EMINEM (35,326,000)

Top-Ten-Selling Albums Of SoundScan Era (1991 - January 3, 2010):

01. "Metallica" - METALLICA (15,500,000)
    02. "Come On Over" - SHANIA TWAIN (15,487,000)
    03. "Jagged Little Pill" - ALANIS MORISSETTE (14,642,000)
    04. "Millennium" - BACKSTREET BOYS (12,109,000)
    05. "Bodyguard" soundtrack - Various Artists (11,815,000)
    06. "Supernatural" - SANTANA (11,687,000)
    07. "Beatles 1" - THE BEATLES (11,564,000)
    08. "Human Clay" - CREED (11,547,000)
    09. "No Strings Attached" - 'N SYNC (11,113,000)
    10. "Falling Into You" - CELINE DION (10,781,000)

2009 Top Ten Vinyl Artists (based on sales from December 29, 2008 to January 3, 2010):

01. RADIOHEAD (45,700)
    02. THE BEATLES (38,800)
    03. MICHAEL JACKSON (30,400)
    04. METALLICA (30,200)
    05. WILCO (29,600)
    06. BOB DYLAN (24,500)
    07. ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (20,600)
    08. PEARL JAM (19,900)
    09. BON IVER (17,100)
    10. IRON & WINE (16,600)

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime11/01/2010IsOnline

# 173
    Guitar That Once Belonged To METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT Being Auctioned For $35,000 - Jan. 6, 2010

An ESP Flying V guitar that METALLICA's Kirk Hammett used live on stage prior to August 1998 is being auctioned on eBay for a fixed price of $35,000. The seller, Neals Vintage Guitars, writes on the auction page, "Kirk played this guitar in concert quite a bit! Just after that, he gave me a backstage pass for a show at Irvine Meadows in Orange County, California on the 'Load' tour, I went backstage and had everyone in METALLICA sign the guitar, I also had them sign the 'Load' CD. I then had the pickguard sprayed with a clear coat to protect the signatures. Then, in 2007, I was lucky enough to go the studio where METALLICA was recording thier most recent album, 'Death Magnetic'. At that time I had Kirk sign the back of the headstock and sign the letter of authenticity. I am including a photo of Kirk signing the guitar!

"This guitar has lots of road wear from Kirk playing it, but it is in good solid condition and plays great!"

•  
      CommentAuthorIronhead 

• CommentTime15/01/2010IsOnline

# 174
    Missing METALLICA Fan's Father: 'People Don't Just Vanish' - Jan. 13, 2010

Roanoke, Virginia's WSLS 10 reports that the parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington have invited a North Carolina-based search organization to help locate their daughter and warned Tuesday that the 20-year-old's October 17 disappearance at a METALLICA concert means the Charlottesville area is not as safe as residents may believe.

Dan Harrington, Morgan Harrington's father, said, "People don't just vanish. We believe someone saw Morgan. We believe someone took our daughter. Someone in this community was directly involved in her disappearance. It's important to realize that whoever took Morgan is still in this community and, because of that, Charlottesville and Albemarle County are not as safe as they were before Oct. 17."

Read the entire report from WSLS 10.

•  
      CommentAuthorIronhead 

• CommentTime15/01/2010IsOnline

# 175
    METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST, DEF LEPPARD To Be Featured On 'Behind The Music Remastered' - Jan. 14, 2010

VH1's Emmy Award-nominated and critically acclaimed series "Behind The Music" returns to continue some of these now iconic stories. Starting Saturday, February 6 at 9 p.m. ET, VH1 Classic will air eight new half-hour weekly episodes of "Behind the Music Remastered" featuring some of classic rocks seminal artists, including MÖTLEY CRÜE, METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST and DEF LEPPARD.

Picking up where the original "Behind the Music" episodes left off, VH1 Classic will air brand new interviews, footage, and video clips that update the stories of several classic artists over the last 10 to 15 years.

For more information, go to this location.

•  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime18/01/2010IsOnline

# 176
    METALLICA To Play 'Unprecedented Concert' In Peru - Jan. 16, 2010

According to LivingInPeru.com, the organizers of METALLICA's January 19 concert in Lima, Peru are hoping for a turnout of 50,000 people or more at the Universidad Mayor de San Marcos Stadium.

If ticket sales meet the organizer's expectations, METALLICA's appearance in Peru could turn out to be the most massive concert in Peruvian history.

Businessman Coqui Fernandez, who is promoting the event, told RPP radio that the band will play an unprecedented concert in Lima, "because METALLICA puts on great live heavy metal shows."

"They never stop playing," he added. "METALLICA doesn't need to rehearse the 25 songs they usually play in concerts. Lars Ulrich [METALLICA drummer], for example, prepares the setlist two hours before the show."

When asked about security precautions for the event, Fernandez said that in addition to the 380 policemen outside the arena, there will be 90 officers at each door.

After being told that METALLICA's concert in Lima may turn out to be the biggest musical event ever staged in Peruvian history, bassist Robert Trujillo told The Pulse of Radio, "Wow. The largest concert in Lima, Peru. I didn't know that, so this is special. For me going down there is special anyway. The fans are always next level. Getting down into Lima and further down into Brazil, Argentina — we've got three shows at Argentina Riverplate Stadium — to get into that region of the world and check out the culture down there is very exciting for us."

Переводчики: **ILYUXA$**
    •  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime20/01/2010IsOnline

# 177
    METALLICA Fans Camp Outside Venue Two Days Before Concert In Lima - Jan. 18, 2010

According to LivingInPeru.com, dozens of METALLICA fans spent the night camping outside University of San Marcos Stadium in Lima, Peru in order to secure a place near the stage during the band's January 19 concert at the venue.

Despite the fact that the show is more than 24 hours away, a growing number of fans has gathered near the stadium Venezuela Avenue gates with their tents and sleeping bags.

Meanwhile, university authorities have announced that all activities for tomorrow have been suspended in order to make the concert run more smoothly.

Coqui Fernandes, the Peruvian businessman who is bringing METALLICA to Lima, said over the weekend that the stadium gates will be opened around noon tomorrow.

Video footage of METALLICA fans camping out outside the University of San Marcos Stadium in Lima, Peru can be viewed below.

•  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime20/01/2010IsOnline

# 178
    METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT Interviewed In Peru; Video Available - Jan. 19, 2010

Peru's Netjoven conducted an interview with METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett shortly after the band's arrival in Lima earlier today (January 19). Watch the chat below.

METALLICA is scheduled to perform tonight at the University of San Marcos Stadium in Lima. According to LivingInPeru.com, the band is staying at Swissotel, in the Limenian district of San Isidro, where a number of fans were waiting to see if they could get a chance to meet their idols.

More than 400 police officers will be in charge of the security at tonight's concert, which is expected to draw a crowd of more than 40,000 fans.

Although the band has not disclosed any details on its performance, they will reportedly play on a large stage measuring 21 x 19 meters, with a huge screen in the middle. They have also brought along nine trucks full of light and sound equipment as well as special effects and pyrotechnics.

•  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime28/01/2010IsOnline

# 179
    METALLICA Is 'Profoundly Saddened By Discovery Of MORGAN DANA HARRINGTON's Body' - Jan. 27, 2010

METALLICA has issued the following statement regarding the news that human remains discovered Tuesday, January 26 on a southern Albermarle County, Virginia, farm are confirmed to be those of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, 20, of Roanoke County, who disappeared from the band's October 17, 2009 concert in Charlottesville, Virgnia:

"We are profoundly saddened by the news of the discovery of Morgan Dana Harrington's body .

"Our most sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Morgan Dana Harrington, the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who was last seen while attending our concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Virginia. Sadly, Morgan's body was found yesterday ending her family's three-month vigil hoping and praying for her safe return.

"Mere words cannot express the anguish and grief that we know her parents Dan and Gil are feeling, and our thoughts are with them.

"If you have any information at all about Morgan's death, please contact the Virginia State Police at (434) 352-3425 or the UVA Police at (434) 352-3467 or police@virginia.edu."

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime13/02/2010IsOnline

# 180
    METALLICA's Santiago Concert Attended By 76-Year-Old Grandmother - Jan. 31, 2010

According to Emol.com, METALLICA's January 26, 2010 concert in Santiago, Chile was attended by Graciela Mora, a 76-year-old grandmother who is affectionately known as "Granny Metallica."

As her 16-year-old grandson, whom she invited to the concert, made his way to the front of the stage in order to get close to his idols, Mrs. Graciela gently worked her way through the crowd, leaning on her cane and stopping every so often to be photographed.

"Grandma, can I can take my picture with you?" fans could be heard shouting. "Granny Metallica" obliged, posing in a way that is very unusual for people her age: she wore a black METALLICA headband and flashed the "devil's horns," the universal symbol for heavy metal around the world.

"I love METALLICA. I've been a fan since I was young, and I brought my grandson because the last time [we were supposed to see METALLICA in 2003] we were disappointed. We had seats, but the band [ended up cancelling the show]. So this time it was now or never," she explained.

Добавить Ваше сообщение

Введите защитный код