Статистика форума

• Категорий: 15
  • Дискуссий: 1580
  • Пользователей: 2807
  • Последний: ozon
  • Форумчан за сутки: 0
  • Сообщений за сутки: 0
Привет!
Хочешь поучаствовать в интересных обсуждениях? Если у тебя уже есть аккаунт, авторизируйся.
Если ты ещё не зарегистрирован на этом форуме, заполни форму. Регистрация занимает 1 минуту!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime9/02/2009IsOnline

# 31
    METALLICA Wins 'Best Metal' GRAMMY For 'My Apocalypse' - Feb. 8, 2009

METALLICA was honored with a Grammy in the "Best Metal Performance" category in the pre-telecast ceremony at the 51st annual Grammy Awards, which are being held tonight (Sunday, February 8) at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. METALLICA was nominated for the track "My Apocalypse", from the band's 2008 album "Death Magnetic".

METALLICA was nominated for the very first "Best Metal Performance" Grammy in 1989, but famously lost to JETHRO TULL. The group has won seven Grammys since (not counting tonight's award), including five for "Best Metal Performance."

The nominees in this year's "Metal" category were as follows:

DRAGONFORCE - "Heroes Of Our Time"
    JUDAS PRIEST - "Nostradamus"
    METALLICA - "My Apocalypse"
    MINISTRY - "Under My Thumb"
    SLIPKNOT - "Psychosocial"

Only albums released between October 1, 2007, and September 30, 2008, could be considered for this year's awards.

Переводчики: LARS
    Спасибо сказали: LARS
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime9/02/2009IsOnline

# 32
    METALLICA To Headline SONICSPHERE Festivals In U.K., Spain, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Germany - Feb. 8, 2009

METALLICA will headline a series of European festivals throughout June and July dubbed "Sonisphere." According to veteran festival promoter Stuart Galbraith — whose CV includes previous work on events like the U.K.'s Download and Monsters Of Rock festivals — several events are being staged throughout Europe in the run-up to Knebworth, England on August 1-2 — in Holland, Spain, and Finland, among others — but "Knebworth will be the biggest, grand finale of them all. And it's only 45 minutes from London!"

Sonicsphere festivals:

* Holland: Nijmegen, Goffertpark - June 20, 2009

METALLICA
    SLIPKNOT
    LAMB OF GOD
    MASTODON

* Germany: Hockenheimring - July 4, 2009

METALLICA
    DIE TOTEN HOSEN
    IN EXTREMO
    LAMB OF GOD
    MASTODON

* Spain: Forúm, Barcelona – July 11, 2009

METALLICA
    SLIPKNOT
    LAMB OF GOD
    MASTODON

* Sweden: Hultsfred, Folkets Park - July 18, 2009

METALLICA
    + Guests

* Finland: Kirjurinluoto, Pori - July 25, 2009

METALLICA
    LINKIN PARK
    LAMB OF GOD
    MASTODON

* United Kingdom: Knebworth, August 1-2, 2009

METALLICA
    LINKIN PARK
    LAMB OF GOD
    MASTODON

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime11/02/2009IsOnline

# 33
    METALLICA Frontman Talks SONICSPHERE - Feb. 10, 2009

BERLIN (Reuters) - Metallica frontman James Hetfield is out to recreate some of the magic of the 1988 U.S. Monsters of Rock tour in Europe this year, with a seven-date sweep of the region ending at Knebworth in England.

Metallica were well down the billing 21 years ago, when the heavy metal giants joined Van Halen and Scorpions on the road for more than 30 shows that lasted up to 10 hours and tested the eardrums, if not the patience, of the crowds.

Now one of the world's most successful bands, with album sales of around 100 million, Metallica is spearheading a European version called Sonisphere and has lined up rock acts including Linkin Park and Slipknot to appear on stage.

More acts will be added and the concept could go global in 2010, although organizers said there were no firm plans as yet.

"We did Monsters of Rock in the U.S. with Van Halen, Scorpion and others and it was a lot of fun, you get to know the bands, you're hanging out, staying in the same hotels," Hetfield told Reuters in a telephone interview.

He added that it was different from a traditional band tour, although Metallica are doing that as well in Europe and will fit the Sonisphere gigs into current commitments.

"When the same bands get on the touring circuit together you get to see them more than once. It helps with the atmosphere and the vibe," he said, adding that Monsters of Rock was "one of the funnest times I've ever had."

The tour kicks off in Nijmegen, Holland, on June 20 and travels to Germany, Spain, Sweden and Finland before a two-night finale in front of up to 60,000 at Knebworth, scene of many famous concerts over the last 35 years.

EUROPE'S ROCKING SPIRIT

Hetfield believes Europeans' attitude to festivals and travel differ to those in his native United States.

"The obvious one (reason) is the economy right now," he said. "I also think in Europe and the UK a lot of the festivals are a right of passage for a teen and part of growing up.

"Parents wave goodbye as their son or daughter goes off to the festival where they may try drinking too much for the first time and are struggling in the elements. Americans are a little more cautious than that."

Hetfield plans to travel in a little more comfort than most of his fans, however, saying that the band would be chartering a plane as "an investment in our sanity."

Sonisphere boasts "all the usual festival madness, stalls, fun fairs, jugglers, fire eaters and general rock debauchery for a full-on festival," organizers said in a statement.

Hetfield expressed some embarrassment at being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before some acts who were an inspiration for Metallica. Metallica will be made a member of the illustrious club on April 4.

"We've been nominated and we are still alive," he said.

"It's ironic that a band that has been inspired by all of these other ones are getting in there before them. We are going to go up there and kick some ass and kick the door down for some heavy bands that have not been recognized, like Rush and Kiss."

Metallica have also put their name to an upcoming version of the successful "Guitar Hero" video game franchise.

While the band's commercial concerns -- notably its battle with song-swap site Napster in 2000 and 2001 -- have alienated some fans, Hetfield said Guitar Hero was good for music.

"Any way that music can infect people's lives, I'm into," he explained. "Music saved my life as a kid. It (Guitar Hero) is a new medium to get music out there."

Переводчики: **ILYUXA$**
    Спасибо сказали: **ILYUXA$**
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime12/02/2009IsOnline

# 34
    METALLICA Interviewed By Comedian JIM BREUER; Audio Snippets Available - Feb. 12, 2009

Jim Breuer, comedian, Sirius XM host and diehard METALLICA fan, sits down for a rare and hilarious interview with all the members of the legendary metal band on his weekly show Friday (February 13) at 4:00 p.m. on Sirius XM's Raw Dog comedy channel. The hour-long interview, taped before the band's performance at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, delves into rare subject matter and humorous hypotheticals, including which band member each would call to help hide a body and what government agencies they would assign to one another if METALLICA were its own country. The special also includes a quiz portion where each member is quizzed on prices of common household products to determine how out of touch, if at all, they are from everyday life.
    Переводчики: PRIEST
    Спасибо сказали: PRIEST
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime12/02/2009IsOnline

# 35
    Boston Officials Mull Felony Charge For Cop Who Allegedly Urinated On METALLICA Fan - Feb. 12, 2009

Doug Fraser of CapeCodOnline.com reports that a Brewster, Massachusetts police officer who had a disciplinary hearing before selectmen yesterday for alleged drunken and lewd behavior at a METALLICA concert on Jan. 18, will also have a hearing in Boston on whether he should be charged with a felony.

Brewster police Officer Joseph Houston allegedly pulled down his pants and urinated on a member of a family sitting in the row in front of him at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, according to reports from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Transit Police and Boston police. He then verbally and physically harassed the female members of the family with his pants still down and penis exposed, according to police.

Спасибо сказали: fiery guitar
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime13/02/2009IsOnline

# 36
    METALLICA: 'The Complete Metallica' Digital 'Box Set' Due In March - Feb. 13, 2009

Multi-platinum hard-rock band METALLICA will release "The Complete Metallica" — a digital "box set" containing their entire official discography, exclusively via iTunes beginning March 31. The package will be available from all other digital service providers beginning April 28.

"The Complete Metallica" is a great way for new and long-term fans to purchase the band's entire official catalog , with 163 tracks for a great value. The box set includes all of METALLICA's studio albums — 1983's "Kill 'Em All", 1984's "Ride the Lightning", 1986's "Master of Puppets", 1988's "...And Justice for All", and the five consecutive No. 1 albums 1991's "Metallica", 1996's "Load", 1997's "Reload", 2003's "St. Anger", and the current blockbuster, the Grammy Award-winning "Death Magnetic". It also includes their double album of covers, 1998's "Garage Inc.", the 1999 live album "S&M", the 2004 EP "Some Kind of Monster" (from the documentary of the same title), the 2007 EP "Live From Live Earth", and "I Disappear" from the 2000 "Mission Impossible 2" soundtrack. In addition, buyers will receive eight bonus live tracks: "The Four Horseman", "Whiplash", "For Whom The Bell Tolls", "Creeping Death", "Battery", "The Thing That Should Not Be", "One", and "...And Justice For All".

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime17/02/2009IsOnline

# 37
    METALLICA Among Top-Selling Albums Of 2008 - Feb. 16, 2009

AFP reports that METALLICA's "Death Magnetic" was among the top-selling albums of 2008 globally, according to new figures from the London-based International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), which represents the recording industry worldwide.

Top 20 best-selling albums of 2008 globally, according to IFPI :

01. COLDPLAY - "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends"
    02. AC/DC - "Black Ice"
    03. Various Artists - "Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack Featuring The Songs Of ABBA"
    04. DUFFY - "Rockferry"
    05. METALLICA - "Death Magnetic"
    06. LEONA LEWIS - "Spirit "
    07. AMY WINEHOUSE - "Back To Black"
    08. Various Artists - "High School Musical 3: Senior Year"
    09. LIL WAYNE - "Tha Carter III"
    10. RIHANNA - "Good Girl Gone Bad"
    11. MADONNA - "Hard Candy"
    12. BEYONCE - "I Am... Sasha Fierce"
    13. PINK - "Funhouse"
    14. GUNS N' ROSES - "Chinese Democracy"
    15. BRITNEY SPEARS - "Circus"
    16. JACK JOHNSON - "Sleep Through The Static"
    17. IL DIVO - "The Promise"
    18. TAYLOR SWIFT - "Fearless"
    19. JONAS BROTHERS - "A Little Bit Longer

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime18/02/2009IsOnline

# 38
    METALLICA, SLAYER Featured In 'Rick Rubin: In The Studio' Book - Feb. 18, 2009

This coming summer, ECW Press will issue the 300-page book "Rick Rubin: in the Studio" by biographer Jake Brown. Nearly three years of meticulous research went into the making of the book, which documents the roots of Rubin's rise as one of the industry's most singularly influential record producers and A&R men, chronicles the making of such ground-breaking Def Jam-era classic LPs as the BEASTIE BOYS' seminal "License to Ill" and RUN DMC's "Raising Hell", his legendary, career-resurrecting collaboration with Johnny Cash, and of course, Rubin's countless successes in the studio with such wide-ranging rock/metal superstars as the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, SLAYER, AUDIOSLAVE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, WEEZER, DANZIG, THE CULT, LINKIN PARK, METALLICA and others.

The book is currently available for pre-sale at Amazon.com and will hit stores in the summer.

• 3289810867_c4020ab920_o.jpg
    Переводчики: fiery guitar
    Спасибо сказали: REsearch, fiery guitar
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime20/02/2009IsOnline

# 39

Господа переводчики, новости
    Перевод новостей и статей на русский. # 35
    Перевод новостей и статей на русский. # 54
    свободны для перевода (REsearch нажимал спасибо не за это). Кто готов перевести - велкам (жмём спасибо второй раз и переводим).

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime24/02/2009IsOnline

# 40
    METALLICA: Select 'Death Magnetic' Concert Attendance Figures Released - Feb. 23, 2009

The following are some of the METALLICA "Death Magnetic Tour" concert attendances/grosses, as reported by Billboard magazine:

Artist/Event: METALLICA, MACHINE HEAD, THE SWORD
    Date: Jan. 17, 2009
    Venue: Wachovia Center
    City/State: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Gross Sales: $1,353,652
    Ticket Prices: $98.94, $78.94
    Attendance: 19,736
    Capacity: 19,747
    Number Of Shows: 1
    Number Of Sell-Out Shows: 0
    Promoter: Live Nation

Date: Jan. 15, 2009
    Venue: Verizon Center
    City/State: Washington, D.C.
    Gross Sales: $1,274,265
    Ticket Prices: $98.94, $62.50
    Attendance: 18,422
    Capacity: 18,422
    Number Of Sell-Out Shows: 1
    Promoter: Live Nation

Date: Jan. 13, 2009
    Venue: Joe Louis Arena
    City/State: Detroit, Michigan
    Gross Sales: $1,240,617
    Ticket Prices: $78, $58
    Attendance: 19,588
    Capacity: 20,596
    Number Of Sell-Out Shows: 0
    Promoter: Live Nation/in-house

Спасибо сказали: Stacia
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime25/02/2009IsOnline

# 41
    CONVERSE Launching METALLICA, AC/DC Sneakers - Feb. 24, 2009

The Pulse of Radio reports that the Converse sneaker brand is planning a new line of products for the fall that will feature METALLICA and AC/DC shoes, according to the New York Post. The music-related shoes will follow on the heels of the company's initial success with a shoe that featured the British Union Jack flag and was linked to THE WHO. An OZZY OSBOURNE shoe has been released as well, with a PINK FLOYD model due out in March. Converse marketing chief Geoff Cottrill told the Post, "We're planning another line of sneakers that will feature METALLICA and AC/DC that will be available in the fall. We're always looking to do more collaborations with bands and this one should be just as creative as the previous ones."

THE WHO shoes, which became available only through the Converse website last month, have already outsold the company's previous best-seller, the basic black Chuck Taylor.

The PINK FLOYD shoes feature artwork from their classic albums "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Wish You Were Here".

Converse has been around since 1917 and the Chuck Taylor line is one of the oldest athletic shoe brands in the world. The company was purchased six years ago by Nike for $305 million plus debt, with its revenues on the rise for the past two years.

• 3306498587_02a8cded7b_o.jpg
    • 3307330922_64539ebb81_o.jpg
    Переводчики: Musta
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime26/02/2009IsOnline

# 42
    METALLICA Kicks Off European Tour; Setlist Revealed - Feb. 25, 2009

METALLICA kicked off the 2009 leg of its European tour earlier tonight (Wednesday, February 25) at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, England.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. That Was Just Your Life
    02. The End Of The Line
    03. The Four Horsemen
    04. Leper Messiah
    05. One
    06. Broken, Beat And Scarred
    07. The Judas Kiss
    08. Sad But True
    09. No Leaf Clover
    10. All Nightmare Long
    11. The Day That Never Comes
    12. Master Of Puppets
    13. Fight Fire With Fire
    14. Nothing Else Matters
    15. Enter Sandman
    ------------------------------------
    16. Breadfan
    17. Helpless
    18. Seek And Destroy

Спасибо сказали: Stacia
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime27/02/2009IsOnline

# 43
    METALLICA Show In Nottingham Was Venue's Biggest Crowd Ever - Feb. 27, 2009

ThisIsNottingham.co.uk reports that METALLICA's sell-out show at the Trent FM Arena Wednesday night (February 25) was the venue's biggest ever crowd.

The band broke the attendance record with its in-the-round show, playing a two-hour set in front of 10, 337 fans.

The previous record was 10,015 held by the KINGS OF LEON at a show in December last year.

"We are always striving to provide increased capacities for promoters and this record breaking attendance highlights our success in being able to attract the highest calibre of artists to our venue," said chief executive Geoff Huckstep.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime28/02/2009IsOnline

# 44
    DAVE MUSTAINE To METALLICA: 'I Am So Very Proud Of All You Have Accomplished' - Feb. 27, 2009

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following "open letter" on the band's official web site:

"METALLICA, as you know, has been selected to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, it is with much respect that I say congratulations!

"I also had the nice surprise of hearing that they called to invite me to the pre-ceremony party the night before, and then to the actual ceremony. Unfortunately, as you all know, I will be winding down our European tour with JUDAS PRIEST, so I will be unable to attend. However, I'd like to say to Lars (Ulrich) and James (Hetfield), I am so very proud of all you have accomplished. I will continue to pray for the very best for you and your families, as I always have.

"Thank you for the invitation and thinking of me."

Спасибо сказали: fiery guitar
    •  
      CommentAuthor**ILYUXA$** 

• CommentTime3/03/2009IsOnline

# 45
    METALLICA's LARS ULRICH: I Downloaded 'Death Magnetic' Illegally - Mar. 3, 2009

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich, who angered many fans by waging a high-profile battle with Napster in 2000 over illegal music downloading, admitted in a recent interview that he has also used the Internet to obtain a full album's worth of music without paying for it. "I sat there myself and downloaded [METALLICA's latest CD] 'Death Magnetic' [illegally] from the Internet just to try it," he told Eddie Trunk of VH1 Classic's series "That Metal Show". "I was like, 'Wow, this is how it works.' I figured if there is anybody that has a right to download 'Death Magnetic' for free, it's me. I sat there one night at my house with about six of my friends and a bottle of wine. And what was it called?! [Trying to think of the name of the file-sharing client he used to download the album] We found it — this was like two or three days after ['Death Magnetic'] leaked. I was like, 'You know what? I've gotta try this.' So we sat there, and thirty minutes later, I had 'Death Magnetic' in my computer. It was kind of bizarre."

In a 2003 interview with Launch, Lars about the band's battle with Napster, "Most of the time, it's like a bad dream, like what the fuck was that? [Several] years later, it's like did that really happen? We went from being somewhat well-respected, well-liked, and then I woke up one day and all of a sudden I was the most hated man in rock 'n' roll. It was like, huh? Me? What did I do wrong? I'm one of the good guys. That was all kind of weird. If you look at our history, we've always been pretty protective of our own shit. When anybody got too close or fucked with our shit, we always took action. In retrospect, I'm proud of what we did, I really felt sideswiped on that one. In my own little ignorant world, I didn't see it coming. I was completely ignorant and unaware of the magnitude of this issue for people. I was just sitting there in my own little selfish world going, 'I'm going to protect METALLICA. Don't fuck with METALLICA.' Then (explosion sound), 'You're pro-record company, you're greedy!' I'm not pro-record company. We invented being anti-record company. We told our record company to go fuck themselves before anyone else. Stop. It was a very surreal thing, because it was so hard to connect what I read about myself and METALLICA, it was so abstract to what was on my radar about my own reality. People going, 'You're a really greedy little man.' It was like, what are you talking about? We've been giving shit away for years. We want to be the ones giving it away, not someone else. I'm proud of the stance we took. It was a very tough time. It was a much tougher time, because in the middle of that you have to put your best game face on. It was difficult. A lot of that shit hurt and it was very bewildering because it was difficult to connect it to your own reality. For better or worse, it got a good debate started. In retrospect, I'm not claiming any sort of victory — who gives a shit about that? — I think more people are starting to realize, not that we were right, but this is an issue that is changing the face of everything that is going on. Not only the music world, but the film world is next. What better way to deal with it than at least educate people about it. If nothing else, I look back at the six months in 2000 as the first step in the education."

Спасибо сказали: Ant
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime3/03/2009IsOnline

# 46
    METALLICA Members 'May Make An Appearance' At SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST - Mar. 3, 2009

According to Austin Powell, who writes The Austin Chronicle's "Off The Record" column, rumors have been swirling about METALLICA possilby making an appearance at Stubb's in Austin, Texas on Friday, March 20 during this year's South by Southwest (SXSW) music and media conference and festival. "There is going to be a Guitar Hero event at South by Southwest," affirms SXSW Creative Director Brent Grulke. "Some of METALLICA's band members may make an appearance at the event."

Silversun Pickups is confirmed to appear at the promotion along with a "special guest" DJ. No further information is currently available.

A receptionist at the office of METALLICA publicist Brian Bumbery (Warner Bros. Records) could not confirm nor deny The Austin Chronicle's report at the end of last week.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime5/03/2009IsOnline

# 47
    METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT On British Fans, 'Death Magnetic'; - Mar. 4, 2009

METALLICA lead guitarist Kirk Hammett talked to ITN Music earlier this week about British fans and why the band's new album, "Death Magnetic", is such a return to form for the metal legends.

According to Hammett, British audiences pay attention to detail. He said: "They're very observant as far as the finer details are concerned. There's not much gets past the British eye or ear for that matter. I hear comments like, 'You played that song differently,' or, 'Why didn't you play that song 'cos you played it the night before?' I get a lot of comments like that. But on a more general basis, British audiences are just so great to play for - they're very physical and have a unique way of showing their appreciation for sure."

Переводчики: Blackactor
    Спасибо сказали: Blackactor
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime6/03/2009IsOnline

# 48
    METALLICA's HAMMETT: 'We Still Care And Have Tremendous Love For One Another' - Mar. 5, 2009

U.K. web site The Skinny has posted METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett's response to a question that was originally posed by STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland.

Weiland: How do you keep one band together for so many years?

Hammett: "There have been times when we've absolutely hated the sight of each other, but deep down we still care and have tremendous love for one another. We truly are a family, and with Rob [Trujillo; bass] in the band now, we feel that with him too. The chemistry is great. It's also a love and respect for what we’ve done in the past and knowing that makes the future look very bright and very clear now. James [Hetfield; guitar/vocals] said the other day, 'People want us to be together.' That, to me, was such a profound statement, and it's fucking true. Certain people need us to be together and that makes it worth staying together as a band. There was a point where we were about to just fall apart, but we cared enough to go through all that we had to, to still be a band. Of course, that's all been well documented."

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime8/03/2009IsOnline

# 49
    METALLICA: Dublin Support Acts Revealed - Mar. 7, 2009

According to HotPress.com, METALLICA's August 1, 2009 concert at Marlay Park in Dublin, Ireland will be "a bit of a mini-festival," with performances from the following artists:

METALLICA
    AVENGED SEVENFOLD
    ALICE IN CHAINS
    THIN LIZZY
    MASTODON
    LAMB OF GOD
    THE SWORD

Tickets priced €76.50 go on sale on Tuesday, March 10.

Переводчики: REsearch
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt

# 50
    METALLICA Bassist To Take Part In Online Chat Today - Mar. 7, 2009

METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo will take part in a live chat via the web site of the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet today (Saturday, March 7) at approximately 18.45 (6:45 p.m.) Stockholm time (12:45 p.m. EST). (The chat was originally scheduled for 18.00 but was postponed because the band is apparently stuck in traffic.)

To take part in a chat, go to http://www.aftonbladet.se/ , scroll down to the box below the METALLICA photo and enter your chat username (whatever you want it to be) in the box next to "Ditt namn:" and click on "Chatta!"

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt

# 51
    METALLICA: Second Stockholm Show Cancelled - Mar. 8, 2009

METALLICA's web site has been updated with the following message:

"Tonight's [Sunday, March 8] second show in Stockholm [Sweden] has been cancelled due to James [Hetfield, guitar/vocals] falling ill and receiving medical attention at the hospital. The show WILL be rescheduled sometime this spring, so keep watching this space for more details. We apologize to all our fans who have travelled from near and far and we look forward to coming back soon."

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime9/03/2009IsOnline

# 52
    Сообщение модератора: Служебное сообщение, все новости до этого поста переведены и более в проверке не нуждаются.

P.S. Это сообщение для меня, так как я слежу за тем, как переводятся новости.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt

# 53
    METALLICA's JAMES HETFIELD Released From Hospital; Food Poisoning Suspected - Mar. 9, 2009

Photos of METALLICA guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield leaving Stockholm's Karolinksa hospital late last night (Sunday, March 8) can be found at the web sites of the Swedish newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen.

Hetfield was taken to the hospital yesterday with a suspected case of food poisoning, forcing METALLICA to cancel last night's concert at Stockholm's Globen.

"As you can clearly see, one of the members of METALLICA isn't with us up here on stage tonight. Unfortunately, I have to let you know that James has had a really, really, bad day and he's on his way to the hospital right now," METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told the crowd shortly after 8 p.m. (see video footage below).

"We obviously hope that he'll be better really soon. Unfortunately, METALLICA won't be able to play tonight."

The food poisoning reportedly took place on Saturday night after the band had a craving for Indian food and called for takeout from a Stockholm restaurant, with each band member placing an individual order, according to The Local.

"James ordered samosas, chicken tikka masala, and lamb in tomato and yoghurt sauce," a restaurant worker who took the call told Expressen.

After several hours under observation, Hetfield was released from the hospital late Sunday night.

"I feel fine now," he told the newspaper.

The band plans to reschedule the show for sometime in May and tickets issued for Sunday's cancelled show will be honored on the new date.

Fans, many of whom traveled great distances across Sweden to catch a glimpse of the band, were devastated by the news, according to The Local.

"I've been crying a lot. It's not just that my weekend was wrecked, but it's wrecked a full six months. I've been waiting so long getting psyched for this concert and now there isn't one," METALLICA fan Gustav Borne told Expressen.

• 3447786819.jpg
    • 09s36hetfileldnyny_873857l.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt

# 54
    METALLICA To Host 'Mandatory Metallica' Channel On SIRIUS XM - Mar. 9, 2009

Legendary rock band METALLICA will host its own music channel on Sirius XM. "Mandatory Metallica" will be broadcast on Sirius channel 27 and XM channel 42 and will debut on Saturday, March 14 starting at 6:00 p.m. ET and run through Monday, April 13 at 3:00 a.m. ET. The launch of Sirius XM's "Mandatory Metallica" channel coincides with the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 4, 2009.

"METALLICA is one of the most influential and distinctive bands in the world," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, Sirius XM radio. "We are thrilled to broadcast 'Mandatory Metallica' for Sirius XM listeners and give METALLICA fans a place to go to hear all the music, interviews and rarities with this incredible rock band all in one place for thirty days."

"Mandatory Metallica" will air classic METALLICA music 24/7 as well as new songs from the band's recent release, "Death Magnetic", which debuted at #1 on The Billboard 200 and was certified platinum in less than six weeks. The channel will also feature interviews with METALLICA guitarist and singer James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo.

In addition to interviews with all four band members, "Mandatory Metallica" will air exclusive interviews with other artists sharing their personal insights about METALLICA's influence on music, including LINKIN PARK, SLIPKNOT, DISTURBED, GUNS N’ ROSES, CHRIS CORNELL, RUSH, ASHES DIVIDE, BLACK STONE CHERRY, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, ATREYU, CINDERELLA, MASTODON, JUDAS PRIEST, DRAGONFORCE, TRIUMPH, TESLA and others.

"Mandatory Metallica" will offer fans exclusive access to the band and their music. The limited-run channel aired exclusively on XM in 2008 and will be available to Sirius subscribers for the first time. The channel will feature virtually every METALLICA song ever recorded, plus rare live cuts from the band's personal archives.

• 3342178524_fe02062c8d_o.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime10/03/2009IsOnline

# 55
    METALLICA's TRUJILLO Loves MESHUGGAH - Mar. 9, 2009

Sweden's Afonbladet TV has posted a two-minute video interview with METALLICA's Robert Trujillo in which the bassist talks about his love for Swedish experimental extreme metallers MESHUGGAH. He says, "It's great coming up here [to Sweden] and playing. I have a lot of respect for not only the fans up here but also for some of the bands. Like, I love MESHUGGAH. They're one of my favorite metal bands. I personally would like MESHUGGAH some day to tour with us. I know they're very busy. 'Cause I think they're one of the most talented... I think they're underrated on the large scale. In other words, when I ask fans in the U.S., 'What do you think of MESHUGGAH?' Some people don't really know who they are and then there's other people who are like, 'They're amazing!' So it's just kind of like... Either it's hot or it's cold. It's like a discovery thing. I had a party for MESHUGGAH at my house one time during the Ozzfest. They all came to my house on their tour bus. We had a big barbecue and lots of people down in Venice Beach."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime11/03/2009IsOnline

# 56
    METALLICA Specials To Air All Month Long On FUSE TV - Mar. 10, 2009

In conjunction with Fuse TV's upcoming live broadcast of METALLICA's 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on April 4 , the network will be celebrating the band's achievement all month long with a series of METALLICA TV specials.

First up, tomorrow night, March 11 at 9:00 p.m., be sure to tune in to Fuse TV to see METALLICA's inclusion in the "Kings of Rock: Rock Hall Inductees '09" special, followed at 10:00 p.m. by "The Metallica Chronicles: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Special Edition".
    All information about tomorrow night's METALLICA specials can be found at http://fuse.tv/rockhall .

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime12/03/2009IsOnline

# 57
    METALLICA: 'Death Magnetic' Event Confirmed For SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST - Mar. 12, 2009

According to a report in the Austin Chronicle's "Off The Record" column, "Death Magnetic: Metallica" is now confirmed for Austin's legendary venue Stubb's on Friday, March 20 as part of the Guitar Hero: Metallica showcase during the Texas capital's annual South By Southwest music and media festival. Rumors are circulating that METALLICA themselves could make an appearance at the event. There was no indication of whether the band would perform if they did appear.

A representative for Activision, which publishes Guitar Hero, told The Pulse of Radio that nothing could be confirmed at this time, and that more details of the event would be announced later.

Переводчики: fiery guitar
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime15/03/2009IsOnline

# 58
    METALLICA: Stockholm Show Rescheduled - Mar. 12, 2009

METALLICA's March 8, 2009 concert at Globen in Stockholm, Sweden — which was cancelled after the band's frontman James Hetfield came down with a suspected case of food poisoning — has been rescheduled for May 4. The group writes on its web site, "The ticket that you have for the show originally planned for Sunday will be your entry to the Globen for the May 4 show. If, for some reason, you cannot join us on that day, please visit the place you purchased the tickets for a full refund."

The band adds, "Again, our sincere apologies to all of you who travelled from near and far to Stockholm. As a minor token of our appreciation, and hopefully to make up for some of your inconvenience, everyone who goes to the May 4 show will receive a free download of that night's show at www.livemetallica.com. As you enter the arena that night, you'll be handed a card with instructions on how to get your free mp3 of the show."

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime20/03/2009IsOnline

# 59
    METALLICA To Be Inducted Into ROCK HALL By FLEA Of RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - Mar. 20, 2009

LED ZEPPELIN's Jimmy Page will induct Jeff Beck and Flea of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS will do the honors for METALLICA at the sold-out Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony Saturday, April 4, at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio. The event will be televised live on Fuse and available online at www.fuse.tv.

Inductees were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the hall of fame 25 years after their first recordings are released.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnt
    • CommentTime21/03/2009IsOnline

# 60
    SxSW Scene: Metallica Sets Up Shop at Four Seasons (Friday, Mar. 20 2009 @ 2:38PM)

On Friday afternoon, the four members of arguably the world's most famous heavy metal band flew into Austin, Texas, from San Francisco to promote a new music video game called "Guitar Hero Metallica." For the press conference, they set up shop at the Four Seasons Hotel on San Jacinto Boulevard, a few blocks away from the South by Southwest panel discussions at the Convention Center.

After posing for a quick photo session in the San Jacinto Ballroom, where photographers snapped away and the band wore sunglasses to deflect the flashing lights, lead singer and guitarist James Hetfield, lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, drummer Lars Ulrich, and bassist Rob Trujillo went off to separate conference rooms on different floors of the luxury hotel to be interviewed by reporters.

On the ninth floor, in room 916, Trujillo, wearing long black hair, black pants, a black "Black Flag" t-shirt, white socks, and black Vans sneakers, took up his residence before the band played a gig tonight at Stubb's Bar-B-Q. Trujillo sat at a long wood table in a green, comfortably padded swivel chair with a view of downtown Austin behind him. As three reporters walked into the room, the bassist, a Culver City, California, native, stood up and introduced himself. He looked happy.

"Have you ever been to South by Southwest before for anything?" asked Chris Riemenschneider, a music critic for Minnesota's Star Tribune.

"Yes, I have," said Trujillo, and smiled. "I was here about 8 years ago? Maybe it was longer than that? It's about nine years ago. It's 2000 with Jerry Cantrell."

"So what's Metallica doing here?" asked Riemenschneider.

"Metallica is here for a few reasons," said Trujillo. "We want to get some really good bar-b-q food is the main reason. We're also here to talk about Guitar Hero, which is a pretty special event for us. And there should be a little fun, festive party later. Location is undisclosed. Right? Or is it disclosed?"

With a few chuckles, the reporters told him the secret was out.

"Well, then, we can all have bar-b-q together. I mean I've got people text messaging me that I know from L.A. going, 'Dude, can you get me in?' It's like, 'What?'"

Trujillo, who seemed unable not to smile, was then asked what the band hoped to achieve with the Guitar Hero video game.

"For me," said Trujillo, "Guitar Hero is a great way for people to experience the music of a band. Not just Metallica, but many bands. It's almost educational in that sense, where people can learn about groups that range from Santana to Lynyrd Skynyrd to Journey, whatever."

Trujillo, who was flanked by public relations flaks, continued, "I mean, my son loves rocking out to "Paranoid" by (Black) Sabbath, and he's only four years old. And it's great way for us to interact with each other. I always end up picking up the microphone and singing. I'm Ozzy (Osborne), and he's Tony Iommi. So it's fun in that sense, too."

Trujillo, who's also the father of a two-year-old daughter, then thought about the bigger influence of the video game.

"Hopefully," he said, "this encourages young people, and all people, to maybe want to buy an instrument or go see a rock show and hear it in person."

After a few more questions about the game, talked moved to what the band was currently trying to do with their music. Trujillo took a sip from a green mug and nodded.

"Where Metallica is at right now," said Trujillo, "I feel it's an important time and an exciting time. I feel that the thrash element is back, and it's exciting the band even more and it's opened those doors again. For me, personally, being the newer member it's a great honor to actually play that style of music in this band. And it's fun for me as a bass player, and it's challenging."

Trujillo paused.

"I also think that the direction in terms of being progressive and us challenging ourselves again is very exciting. And it seems our fans have picked up on it and they're excited about the guitar solos again. It seemed that the guitar solos had taken a breather there over the last couple of years. And they're back with a vengeance. The riffs, I feel, are back and in your face again. And it's been exciting to work with a producer like Rick Rubin, who's definitely opened some doors for us in terms of the creative side, especially in getting Lars and James to step up and get back into the swing of things, and especially with the old school element."

After more talk about creative choices, and fifteen minutes into the round table interview, a flak in the room looked anxiously at his watch. One of the reporters noticed, and asked something of a wrap up question. He wanted to know if Metallica was "taking away the thunder" of the smaller, lesser known bands playing in Austin. Trujillo wasn't bothered by the question.

"I hope not. I've always heard about the South by Southwest. I was here a few years back, and it excites me to see new bands show the world what they have. In some ways, I'd rather be going and checking out these new bands, you know. We gotta do, what we gotta do, which is great. But I'm also excited about the new music."

Trujillo paused for a beat and smiled again.

"I think that overall that's not the energy that's going on around here. I think that us being here is creating even more excitement in the air of Austin. I think, if anything, the new bands would totally like to check us out. And hopefully it will inspire their shows. Now bands that are playing at the same time we're playing, yeah, I feel bad."

In less than five hours, just like other bands in Austin, Metallica would show their stuff to the world.

Добавить Ваше сообщение

Введите защитный код